Thursday 30 January 2020

P1 - AUDIENCE PLEASURES



ESCAPISM/DIVERSION
WATCHING SOMETHING IN ORDER TO ESCAPE FROM REALITY, FOR GRATIFICATION OR A DISTRACTION. 

EG. PHINEAS AND FERB














Phineas and Ferb is a show about two brothers finding bizarre ways to spend their summer, and the lives of those around them. I think it's really charming and funny, it definitely used to keep my mind off reality for a while.


SURVEILLANCE
A WINDOW INTO THE LIVES OF OTHERS, OR THE WIDER WORLD. VIEWERS LEARN FROM CONSUMING MEDIA THIS WAY.

EG. HORRIBLE HISTORIES














Horrible Histories is a popular longstanding show that allows us a look into the lives of historical figures. Many people, myself included, have grown up with it.

PERSONAL IDENTITY
VIEWERS MAY RELATE TO THE CHARACTERS OR SITUATIONS DEPICTED IN THE MEDIA.

EG. THE GOOD PLACE












The Good Place is a show about the afterlife and morals. It's known for its diverse cast and deeply relatable themes. As such, many people find themselves in these characters.


PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS
VIEWERS MAY:
  • USE THE MEDIA AS A TALKING POINT WITH OTHERS IN THEIR LIVES.
  • FORM A BOND WITH THE CHARACTERS DEPICTED IN THE MEDIA.

EG. SPOOKS


























Spooks is a show following the various lives of MI5 agents. I remember it being very unpredictable and keeping me on my toes throughout.

I formed a bond with the characters in this show over the course of each series, which meant each death came as a heavier blow. It really makes you care about them I also watched the show with my parents, which made it a topic of conversation and more of an experience than just a show.


No comments:

Post a Comment