Friday 19 March 2021

P4 - TV TRAILER (+ PROCESS)

DESIGN

I've had to change some things from my original storyboard (see above) to work under current restraints. The Coronavirus epidemic and subsequent measures have restricted the creation process of anything that requires filming. To simplify my idea, I've reduced the amount of filmed segments. This should result in an easier process and a shorter teaser.



FILMING & EDITING

In order to produce a TV advert, I had to make the most of a few shots. My filming process was split in two to ensure I got the best of my idea - one shoot (pictured to the left) was in front of a large wall wherein I filmed my teacher on the floor. Unfortunately, that time, the camera was faulty and didn't record anything of use - annoying, but I got a second try the next day. 
This time, I sat against a wall to act as the body whilst a peer stood just in front of the camera. This meant I was not showing anyone's face but could include people in my trailer. I used automatic ISO on the camera so it would adjust to natural light without me making any mistakes on manual, due to our time constraints. I used a warm white-balance because we were shooting on a cloudy day, knowing that later I could tint the film a cooler tone if I needed to.

I ended up with some short clips of two potential shots - the body and the hand from my storyboard. I had to cut down the number of shots I used (removing the notebook and clues) to simplify my idea and make it easier to put together. To establish setting a bit more, I found some royalty free clips on pexels.com and cut the whole thing to the music (mostly). The intended effect was a quirky, disjointed, inviting trailer that intrigues the viewer and sets the strange tone. The music I chose fits the tone well and grabs attention. All limitations considered, I'm happy with the end product. I exported the trailer as a master file when I'd finished editing it all together using a combination of my own clips and assets from copyright-free sources online.






During the process, I used the BBC3 logo that I found online. I also picked up the music I used from a copyright-free website, eliminating the royalties I would have to pay otherwise. I used the older version of the logo but kept it consistent throughout my campaign.

Instead of having my logo pop up all at once, I decided to have each letter pop up in time with the music. I snipped up the overlaid text and set them on a delay (pictured to the left) so the effect would work. 

At the end of the video, I used the hashtag #croakshow. This links the trailer to the other branding and the house style, in a bold sans-serif font. 















The final export was a master file of a codec H.264, formatted to include both video and audio to fit within video conventions and the resolution was 1920 x 1080. This way, the export wouldn't lose quality across platforms. 



THE FINAL EDIT




LEGAL AND ETHICAL

Regulations for TV advertising (particularly BCAP, the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice) ensure the public is not taken advantage of or exposed to particularly distressing things. Clearcast, a non-governmental organisation that pre-approves or denies advertisements, will check TV adverts against the BCAP codes to determine what can be shown to the public. 

We see different series advertised to us everywhere we go, and certainly on TV. From the ASA website, the codes that relate particularly to TV series are listed under BCAP.

💫TV ADVERTISEMENT💫

Regulations for TV advertising (particularly BCAP, the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice) ensure the public is not taken advantage of or exposed to particularly distressing things. Clearcast, a non-governmental organisation that pre-approves or denies advertisements, will check TV adverts against the BCAP codes to determine what can be shown to the public. 



SAFETY, LEGAL & ETHICAL


ASSET TABLE 





















RISK ASSESSMENT





CONSENT FORM FOR ACTOR





No comments:

Post a Comment